Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm 5 months old now!

Well, Brenden is now a little over 5 months old now, hard to believe! Last week we took our first trip down to San Diego for a conference for my work. He was an angel on the flight and only cried a little when the air pressure changed. The stewardess couldn't resist him and picked him up more than once to play with him and he captivated about 3 rows of people in front, behind and to the side of us. Unfortunately the weather wasn't the best down there, but after the first 3 days, it was finally nice enough to be outside enjoying the day. I had hoped to take him down to the beach and in the pool for the first time, but it was just a bit too breezy outside for that.

He decided to finally start sleeping through the night consistently while we were down there and went for 8-10 hours each night for the first 5 nights, it was wonderful! We've had a few off nights since we've been home, but for the most part he is a good night sleeper now! We even have gotten 2 1/2 hour naps both days this weekend which is a first!

He's quite the eater now with solid foods. He's a big fan of apples, pears, peaches and bananas, and he had his first helping of sweet potatoes this morning. I can't shovel it in fast enough before he starts yelling for the next bite, just love his manners! Little does he know, were moving onto carrots, peas and squash next week...I just hope I don't gag trying to feed it to him since I can't stand most vegetables! He's gotten so into food, we can't eat in front of him anymore because he wants to try everything, and lets us know he thinks it's quite rude when we don't share!

Here are some pictures from the last week!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mommy, I'm going to be crawling soon...for now I'll settle for scooting around on my tummy!


No, please don't take my pacifier!


Check out my puddle of drool!


My favorite position, the Banana Back!


If only this were a real donut!






Daddy, wake up, my pants are wet...see!


Uh mom, this is way too little for me now...



Daddy, did you lose your helmet?






Hi Aunt Raisin, I know that's you on the phone with my mommy!

2 comments:

Kelly T said...

oh sweet wonderful sleep!!! It was at 5 months that Lacy really turned a corner with sleep as well. She was close at 4 months, but by 5 months, she got into a routine and ah, so nice!!! yay Brenden!! cute pics and that second photo is a total hoot! I can see why everyone on the flight was taken with him...what a smile:)

Leah said...

Glad you all had a good flight! :)