Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm 3 weeks old now!

Well, Brenden turned 3 weeks yesterday! He seems to be spending his now 4th week of life testing our patience by not sleeping for more than a few minutes at a time and eating constantly! He must be going through a growth spurt as he's now finally fitting into his 0-3 month clothing. Something tells me this won't last long as he eats like a horse. Most breastfed babies eat 7-8 times a day, he's eating about 12 times a day!

This is our first week with Todd back at work, though he was home sick with us today. We miss him when he's gone. We are very much looking forward to Grandma's visit tomorrow since she has generously offered to take on the night shift. I might get a shower and a good night sleep!

I'm hoping to try out my new sling tomorrow with him...this was the one outing we took together on Monday. I found a local company that makes these great slings to allow you to be "hands free" when you have a baby who likes to be close to mom all the time. Hopefully Brenden likes his sling...we used it for about 15-20 minutes this evening and he seemed quite cozy and content. Than he loaded up his diaper and all peace was lost!

A bit exhausted in the kitchen wearing the sling for the first time...he looks so peaceful and angelic here! Don't be fooled!

He lasted about 10 minutes in the swing before insisting on yet another meal!


Just me and dad!


A rare moment of peace!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

He is so cute. It made me laugh when you said maybe you will get a shower? hehe I remember those days, its such a simple thing.....a shower, but to actually get one with those little bundles of joy not noticing your gone for 5 minutes. never happens. Take care, Kelli Hanis