Sunday, October 18, 2009

Claire Jessie Behen is here!

Claire Jessie Behen was born on Oct 9th at 10:07 pm. She weighted 8 lbs 1 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. The delivery was fairly easy and uneventful aside from a few not so fun minutes while I was getting my epidural and my blood pressure decided to drop too low. Once we got that figured out and my epidural working, it was a breeze. I basically spent the next 10 hours in bed chatting with family and waiting for my doctor to tell me it was time. Once the time came, I didn't even realize they were ready to deliver the baby as we had still been waiting for her to completely drop. It all happened so fast that she was born in a matter of 15 min once they gave me the green light to push. As with Brenden, Todd helped with the delivery, and my sister Heather was able to cut the cord. Claire was definitely smaller than Brenden, so my recovery has been much faster. Brenden was able to come in an meet his baby sister within 30 minutes of her birth which was pretty fun. We stayed in the hospital for 2 nights because Claire was struggling to nurse properly and we had to do syringe feeds while nursing to make sure she was getting enough to eat. Now that she's over a week old, she's definitely figured out how to eat and is almost back to her birth weight. She is a pretty mellow little girl, eats, sleeps and has the occasional poop. I'm not used to a newborn who sleeps this much since Brenden never slept! Here are some pictures from when she was born and during her first week at home. We are thrilled that she is here and love her to pieces. Brenden calls her "bebe Care" and worries when she cries and says "bebe sad?". It's pretty cute to watch. Enjoy!
































1 comment:

Kelly T said...

wow..what a great delivery/birth! So happy you had a better experience! My second was night/day as well. I can't get over her HUGE beautiful eyes! Just like her big brother and momma:) Claire is so alert already. And, I still have to fight thoughts that SIDS is actually the reason why Ashley is still asleep...just absolutely foreign to have a sleeper! Enjoy your sweet babes. Well done momma.